From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:55:25 -0500
Butch,

Since it is off center fed, and thus unbalanced,RFI isn't unheard of
with these antennas.  Mine was a 80 meter model.   The problems I had
were the solid state amp tripping out on 40 and 80 meters at anything
over 400 watts.  Even though there is a balun at the feedpoint, I found
that winding a coax choke at the feedpoint resolved most of it, and some
ferrites on the  lines in and out of the amp solved the rest.

Since you have the real estate to put this thing up, is there enough
room or supports to  move it away from whatever it is bothering?

I did find the Windom to work great on some bands, and not so hot on
others.  It was a killer on20, but I was disapointed on 40 meter
performance.  I guess that's the deal with a compromise antenna, no
matter what the design.

73, Steve  KW3A