From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2011 11:37:54 -0330
Hi All:

I'm looking at adding another antenna later on this Summer or Early Fall but I'm kind of in a dilemma.
The antennas in question are the DX Engineering Thunder Bolt 160/10M, 43 foot multi band vertical, which I'd ground mount with 32 radials or the Hy-gain Explorer 14,with the 40M add on. Don't have the tower capacity for a bigger beam than that.
I'm thinking that the Thunder Bolt would out perform the Hy-gain on 30 and 40M, as these add ons are just rotatable dipoles and of course, 80/160 but how do these big verticals stack up against the 14 foot boom small 3 element tri banders on 20/10M?
TNX & 73:

Michael De VO1RYN hopefully soon to be VO1EI! LOL