From:
Junior Lolley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2011 18:33:57 -0500
Tom, I think that's great way to go.

Junior Lolley KG4itd
Liberty County E. C.

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of tom behler
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 5:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Interesting quiry re our nets

Hello, all.

Well, at least we now know the day wasn't a total loss here.  See the note
below from someone who is very interested in our cross-country blind ops
nets, and who will help us publicize it further.

The original e-mail is below, followed by my response.

I'm also sending Peter subscription instructions for the list.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ

Hi Thomas,
I heard parts of your Net today on 14.258 MHz, but conditions were too bad
to hear much.  If you like, I can list your Net on the educational website
for blind and vision impaired hams: www.HamRadioAndVision.com

If so, could you answer a few questions?

1. What is the official name of the Net?

2. Will the 2100 Zulu start time continue during Daylight Savings Time?

3. Do you have any members from outside the US?

4. Anything else you want included in the description, such as who can
participate in the net.

5. Did you mention another similar Net on Saturdays on 40 meters? If so,
would you want that listed as well?

My father W3ANI is blind. I'm always looking for ways to help him get on the

air. That's what prompted the website.

73,
Peter DeNeef, AE7PD

Peter:

First of all, I'm glad to make your acquaintance, and, by all means, please
do publicize the net on the educational web site for blind and
vision-impaired hams.

Here are my answers to your questions:

1. What is the official name of the Net?

*****We call it the Cross-country Blind Ops net.  The net is not officially
listed anywhere, since it's only been going on now for a little over a year,

but that is a step we probably should take at some point.

2. Will the 2100 Zulu start time continue during Daylight Savings Time?

*****During daylight savings time, we switch to 2000Z, or at least that's
what we did last year.

3. Do you have any members from outside the US?

*****We do ocasionally get check-ins from other countries, such as Canada.
We also have had a ham from New Zealand check in via the Handiham remote
station in Minnesota.

4. Anything else you want included in the description, such as who can
participate in the net.

*****Anyone and everyone is welcome!  The title of our net was created to
reflect the fact that most participants are blind hams with common
interests, but this is, by no means, a limiting factor.

5. Did you mention another similar Net on Saturdays on 40 meters? If so,
would you want that listed as well?

*****For about the past 3 weeks or so, we have been holding an East Coast
Mid West blind ops roundtable on 7.198 MHZ at 2100Z on Saturday afternoons.
The roundtable has been an amazing success, with 20+ check-ins each week, so

it certainly looks like it will continue in the weeks ahead.

Please encourage your father to join us on either of these nets.  We'd love
to have him!

Also, please encourage him to join the blind hams e-mail list that many of
us are members of.  It is an informative and helpful list, with lots of
great people and information.

If I can be of further help, please don't hesitate to ask.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI