From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:28:31 -0800
WhichMFJ apartment antenna did you have?

Was it the little box with the attached whip or the one with the whip and
the countrpoise?

They make a few models of apartment style antennas.

Tey all get mixed reviews.

I'm attempting to use two Hy Power shortened 20 meter dipoles on my balcony
and not really getting anywhere.

I thought antennas were supposed to be resonant on the bands they were to
used for.

Both of these antennas set off the high swr message on my Kenwood TS480SAT.

Guess I'll have to get a sighted friend over here with an antenna analyzer
and see what he can do.

All I want to do is send low power CW. Is that too much to ask?

73,

Eric
KU3I