Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Jan 2011 08:24:36 -0500
John,

I haven't checked the rigblaster site in quite a while, but they always
seem to have a wide range of models, from basic to elaborate, with
prices to match.

Others are made by Donner and Bux Com, and others.

You might want to think about what modes you want to operate.   Some
interfaces are  simple sound card interfaces, to connect rig to pc sound
card.  With the right software they will do PSK, AFSK RTTY, digital
voice in SSB, etc.  Some of the more pricey ones will include hard
keying circuits for FSK RTTY and CW,  as well as other bells and whistles.

Some, like the Signal Link USB, contain it's own sound card, so the pc
sound card isn't used.

For most of us using screen readers, the tough part is  getting the
incoming  signal decoded and read properly  by the screen reader.    You
don't need an interface to experiment with the rx side of these modes
and see what works and what modes you may like.  Just a simple audio
cable from rig's audio output to pc sound card input.  If you can
receive and copy,then  transmitting is a piece of cake through the
interface.

BTW, I as well as others on the list use the Signal Link USB.   I also
have a Rascal from Bux Com, which lets me do FSK RTTY, which the Signal
Link won't do.

73, Steve  KW3A