From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2010 20:06:33 -0500
Hi John,
Ham radio Delux should work fine for programming any of the 706 or 703
radios.  I used it limitedly with both a 703+ and 706Original,/both
of which I divested several years ago.
I Have never worked with the Icom software, or their  bigTimely
expensive cable/I used one of the radioshack scanner programming
cables the nomenclature of which escapes me, but I can likely find it
if you wish, and that cable which I think they closed out for
3$s&change, worked just fine.
*get familiar with the software, If you have your manual already in a
useable form, that's a real plus.  If not, both the
icanworkthisthing.com and handiham sites make it available.
**Make sure you get the right "address numbers for your particular
radio, for "handshaking purposes.  As I mentioned, I used the HRD
software limitedly with both an ic703+ and a 706Original, but frankly
preffered to just use a qsyer, once the initial set stuff was
finished.  although, of course, the HRD software should help you to
set up and or modify those initial set menu and all the rest of the
settings,  likely without any sighted help, after you master the HRD
operation with your radio.
HTH, Danny Dyer, Wb4idu.