From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2010 18:01:59 -0500
Richard,

I have an Audiovox MP3-I, which you can get with either a car kit or a home
kit.  The home kit lets you connect it to your stereo through one of the
high-level analog inputs, such as CD or Aux.  You can order this unit from
www.myradiostore.com for around $160.

Regarding the location in your house, your results will vary, depending on
where in the country you live.  Here in New England, placement is critical,
and the receivers sometimes have trouble even in a southern window.  In
other parts of the country, placement is not an issue.  All I can say is try
it and see if it works.  If it doesn't, you may be able to get either an
antenna for the roof, or a cable which will let you place the antenna in a
south-facing window.  Talk to the folks at myradiostore.com for antenna
ideas.  You can find their phone number on their Web site.

Steve