From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2010 17:21:13 -0400
I wasn't around on August 22, and my beam was pointed northeast on August
29.  I got it back to the west yesterday by waiting for the wind to blow in
the right direction.  My indicator system still works correctly.  I still
have a five-and-a-half-element beam, which should be fixed in a few more
weeks.  I'll also be using the Idiom Press Rotor-EZ control board in my
control box, providing for automatic braking, automatic seek to a pointed-to
direction, and RS232 control.  KW3A says he owns one of these without the
RS232.  This should be fun.

So I made a couple of tentative calls yesterday, but was not persistent.
There isn't much sporadic E skip at this season, so the skip distance at
that time is at least 900 miles; neither of you would have heard me.

If I have my Bible study group material prepared well enough, I can try
calling the net next Sunday.  But we will need relays in other parts of the
country if we want to continue this.  I don't expect to hear Michigan until
December, or if we try 40 or 75 meters.

Junior, I heard you check into a Florida net on 75 meters one night last
week.  Your signal wasn't very strong, but at least I could hear you.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, a happy Yaesu user in Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls