Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2011 17:57:55 -0600
7bit
Sender:
From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Well, we beat winter, and handled Murphy.
What do I know about the imax-2000?
1.  It's easy to assemble!  a blind person can do it independantly.
2.  The mounting plate and bolts are sturdy, but they will not fit a 1 and 3
quarter inch u-bolt.
3.  Got it up, the SWR is higher on ten than I'd like, but it is under 2.4/1
on 17 meters, I think this is a compramize.
I get 4.5/1 on 20, which I can tune out with the internal tuner.
I worked California s9 on 10, and florida massechusets and Pueto Rico on 17
meters.  Then the bands closed down.
We will learn tomorrow, along with antenna comparisons between the 6 meter
ringo, imax-2000, and double extended zepp.
I just worked Santiago Chili on 40 meters with the zepp.
The 2000 ended up on a 10 foot piece of steel conduit lashed to the porch
rail with two bungy cords.
H T Kaufman MSW LCSW
Adaptive Technology Instructor