Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:48:44 -0500
From:
Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I am trying to catch up with all the messages on this list, and am
reading from, would you believe 2008, 3 years ago when a couple of
you got the PW1.  I attempted to order one about 4 months ago from
that web site, all went through including processing my credit card
information, except for one little problem: they had none and
shouldn't have even processed the order.  After a week or so I wrote
to them and got the reply: "sorry not in stock and don't know when
will be if ever."
So, since my choice of radios is narrowing down to either the 2000,
or the 590, or maybe the 480, it would benefit this operator to have
some sort of SWR indicator.  I have an old MFJ audible SWR bridge,
which is actually quite nice, come to think of it, but a talking one,
now there's class!
I can be wistful and hope, like a kid looking in at all the toys in
the store at Christmas time, I suppose, unless someone can come up
with one they wish to  sell, or an estate sale or . . ., who knows.

And, another thing, are antennas: I own this house with it's double
lot of 75 by 150 feet, with trees and three buildings, but remember
this is North Dakota so the weather and wind are extremes, so if you
have ideas for a quite simple installation, please let me know.
A windom, perhaps? or a folded dipole, with dropped ends like an inverted V?
I remember my Elmer, WA6UYD, (became N6YD, a silent key now), use to
make multi band antennas using multi-wire shielded cable, cutting
each wire to approximate resonance.  An eighty / forty meter antenna
should be able to be fashioned out of such, seems to me without too
much need for much, except figuring out where it should be fed and
with what, and how?

--
Currently in Fessenden, North Dakota Clear, 73°F Wind:W-280° at 23mph
gusting to 33mph

Curtis Delzer
W B 6 H E F