Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 2011 14:37:36 -0500
7bit
Sender:
From:
Kris Hickerson <[log in to unmask]>
Hi  All,

This may not be too off-topic as I do use my computers for radio stuff.

I have a braille Window 40, which still works like new and I hate to have to
give it up.  However, here's  the problem.  I purchased a new computer this
spring, it's a laptop[ but the Braille Window needs a serial connection and
this computer only has USB or Bluetooth.

I have been told by HuanWare and Vision Cueue that the Braille Window is
older technoloby and will not work with a USB to serial connector.  In
addition to that, JAWS 12 apparently no longer supports the Braille Window.
WindowEyes supports it and I know WindowEyes is a very good screenreader,
but I have never used anythinbg except JAWS.  I really don't want the
expense of purchasing another screenreader or the learning curve that goes
with it.  I'm having enough frustration with Window 7 as it is.

I just wondered if any one else is still using a BrailleWindow and perhaps
knows a way around this problem.  I know one answer is to buy a newer
braille display, but that's a bit pricy also.

Any suggestions or solutions will be appreciated.

73

Kris

  _____

No virus found in this message.