Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:09:53 -0700
7bit
Sender:
From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Hi All,

Since TS-590's seem to be multiplying like rabbits on this list, I thought I
would share a couple of items I have of interest.  As an intro to this
message below let me explain that some have reported a power spike when
keying their radios which will push amplifier outputs to the max.  I
personally have never experienced this and my SPE solid state amp seems
totally happy with the 590.  I should add that this amp has about every kind
of warning and shut off alarm known to modern man and will definitely yell
at you when you do something stupid and shut itself down.  However, this is
good information for setting your audio and I wanted to pass it along.  If
you set up your PF buttons on the front of the radio correctly from the
manual description of settings, PF2 will give you various meter readings
such as SWR, power and ALC.  What I did here was to talk loud at the mic as
this gentleman suggests in the link provided and then go for a reading of
about 12 or 13 when talking loud to the mic.  As long as it doesn't
consistently say "over" you will be OK.

I'll also forward another message with a link for setting up the user filter
in the receiver to sound like the older analog receivers we love so much.
To do this, you will probably need sighted help or a lot of patience and the
ARCP-590 software.

Enjoy and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX