Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2011 17:47:07 -0400
From:
Steve Matzura <[log in to unmask]>
For sale: The Kenwood THF6A is a rugged, high-performance, dual-band
HT that fits in the palm of your hand. Nice and square-shaped. With it
I'm including a softcase, an extra battery, a Diamond center-fed
dual-band flexible antenna, and the programming cable.
ICanWorkThisThing.com has lots of accessible literature on operating
the unit, and the programming software can be downloaded online, or I
can send it to you if you can't find it. Asking $250 for the whole
package, negotiable. Reason for sale: I'm interested in getting more
into the digital domain.

I also have a fine AOR AR8200 handheld medium- and short-wave
receiver, covering down to 530khz and up to 1.3ghz, all major modes.
Unfortunately, batteries not included. but a less-than-ten-dollar
investment in four double-A's will solve that problem for you. If you
buy NiCad's, the A.C. wall wart will charge them. It will NOT charge
lithium ion cells. In fact, it would probably damage them, and the
radio as well, in either the attendant overheating or accompanying
explosion. The deal includes the radio with AM broadcast antenna,
flexible "rubber duck" style antenna with BNC connector which, if you
absolutely must, can bring in pretty good signals on most bands, but
of course a longwire is the best, and the programming cable with a USB
at the radio end and an RS232 DB9 at the PC end. Reason for sale: It's
an old model and I'm interested in investing in newer technology at
this point. Asking $120. The PDF manual is perfectly accessible except
for the graphics, but if you print it, then run it through a scanner,
all the graphics are actually square boxes with text in them, the text
being what's written on the button to be pressed to perform the
desired function. I had a real-text version of this manual many years
ago, but it is nowhere to be found.

And finally, I want to take my public service radio scanning with me,
so I'm selling my old trusty Uniden BCD996T desktop/mobile
trunk-tracker scanner. You get the radio, A.C. wall wart power supply,
collapsible antenna with a BNC connector, and, of course, the
programming cable. There are a couple very accessible choices for
programming this radio via a PC and use of a radioreference.com
account. The radio has Version 2 of the Uniden firmware currently
loaded, and if you'd like, I will upgrade it to Version 3, which
introduces new band plan and bandwidth possibilities, before sending
it to you. Asking $300.

Please pass this message around to anyone whom you think might be
interested in any of the above.

And now for the fine print.

Interested parties please contact mee *OFF LIST*.

All prices include shipping.

Payment via PayPal strongly recommended and definitely preferred. If
you don't have a PayPal account, get one. Pay services such as this
are on the rise and everybody should have at least one. They're free,
in that you don't actually have to give them money. Rather, they
deduct a portion of the transaction as their fee, on the order of 2 or
3 per cent. You can fund your purchases with either a credit card or
bank account.