Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2011 12:48:37 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
"Dan B Dyer Jr,/Danny" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Howard, sorry you're having ant intermittency.  I've never sent one to
Icom for repair, although someone on this list,/seems to me it was the
fellow in Greenville, NC, whose name and call escape me at this moment,
anyway, think he said he'd been in touch with Icom and they wanted about $75
to fix one with similar problems.  I have a sighted ham friend in SC, who's
fixed them before, with whom, if you like, I'll put you in touch, his rates
are reasonable, he's good, and he's been very helpful toward a number of ham
folk with different challenges of different stripes.
But,  pretty much in his experience, and from what I've experienced having
dealt with a couple of "trying2Fix the original sma connecter in a t90,/He
fixed a t90 for me three different times, and all three of them went south,
same old plug, but too little solder room on it.) you're likely better off
to have either a trusted tech, or the factory guys, put in a new plug,
rather than trying to fix the old one, as the amount and place of soldering
room in one which has broken, combined with the itsy bitsy/a radio term,
amount of  room for working inside those teeny weeny/another radioterm,
radios, makes for rough going.
I love the t90, mainly because of the CW read out, and the definiteness in
being able to program tones into the unit, and I've got a bunch of batpacks,
quick charger, cig cord, speaker mic, soft case, AA shell, and I really like
the radio!
However, if I were to have a  similar problem with this radio, it would
probably depend on how much money I had to invest.  If seventyfive would
indeed fix it, i'd likely go that way, but if I had enough cash  to make the
difference, I'd be hard pressed not to spring for the woxen and sell the ACS
on the lists.
It's wild to be comparing $75 for an Icom fix, if that's what they still
charge, and what is it, less than twice that for a Woxen/I've seen them sold
on local swap boards for less than a hundred dollars, I'd be sorely tempted
to go with one of the Woxens.  Hope I'm not faced with the question, and I'm
working on  that,/I don't use the icom antenna with mine, as its' way____ to
heavy, I use either a marine band stubby duck, or one of the really slim
after market dual banders/I forget whose it is at the moment,/og great,
speaking of the Icom ant, NR4DR Don, was supposed to have received that in
the mail from me, and i got involved and didn't send it
yet_______Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh on me!  Don if you still wangt
the two out of three pieces of the ant/don't have the six meter portion,
please both forgive me and let me know.
 HTH, although I am pretty sure it doesn't, hi hi, Danny.