Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:19:08 -0500
7bit
From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Tom,

This isn't your amp, where  a few thousand volts are floating around.
While you should always be careful messing around with this stuff, look
at  it this way:  If you turn off the supply and unplug it from the
wall, and your hand brushes against the a.c. plug, will you get fried?
If you are super paranoid,  unplug it and measure the voltage at the
plug, which will be zero, and proceed.

I do think you should tighten this thing up.  I'm not sure it is even
the "official" ground lug.   On the inside it is holding a small thingee
  with wires connected to it.    I'm not positive, but it may well be
where the
third wire of the a.c. line connects to chassis  ground.

If it were me, I'd tighten it up and ground to one of the cover screws.
    And since you  don't know you're own strength, just tighten good and
snug, you're not torquing down head bolts on a Mack truck.

73, Steve KW3A