Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:29:50 -0500
7bit
From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
I'd bet your levels are set too high and you're over driving it. Are you
using a sound card interface? If so, back the input way down, depending on
the sound card used, I've found some of them, like the one I use for psk on
this computer, I have to back the levels way down or it will do that. I'm
talking I believe I have the line in at 9 %, I know I did, it's below 15%,
on my old computer it was around 30 but I've never run it any higher than
that for that reason. Same if it's a TNC or something, make sure the levels
are down on the port in the radio in that case if it's adjustable.