From:
Cece Hilliard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cece Hilliard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:27:38 -0500

Thanks to all that responded. Several people recommended Paisano’s so that will be a must.  Two people gave me websites with gf restaurants listed.  They were http://www.glutenfreealbuquerque.com
http://ultimateglutenfree.com/gluten-free-restaurants/new-mexico
One person had been there a few years ago and got sick wherever she/he went and said to watch out for the sauces.  In addition to the regular gf chains, here are some other comments and recommendations.

  I also eat breakfast and lunch at Garcia's (green chile only, no red)
and The Grove- downtown.  Jennifer James 101 is pricey, but just wonderful and always accommodates gluten free without batting an eye.   Casa Vieja in Corrales is off the beaten path, but Corrales is a lovely town with grea tshops and Casa Vieja makes some incredible gluten free food.  I recently went to Scalo's and they did a great job of whipping up something for me that was gluten free.  Great Harvest makes gluten free bread which isavailable on Sundays.
*********
If you are in the mood for pizza, check out one of the Pizza 9 locations. They all carry GF pizza and most have GF brownies too. My company, Smart Flour Foods, makes both the crusts and brownies in our dedicated gluten free facility in Austin, TX.