From:
AMY ROBERTS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AMY ROBERTS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2010 09:55:21 -0800

Additional Responses to Post (below):

My pet peeve is when a company says "ask your doctor".  Are they kidding me?  Do
they really believe that my doctor knows this diet.  I have had doctors ask me
questions about the diet.

Ginny
___________________
This one was labeled "What a horsebleep response to your question"

Think stupidity like that should be rewarded with a national boycott of their
products by Celiac's. I was just going to write them about the appearance of
"natural flavors" in their salted butter. Instead of wasting my time with that
question I just will refrain from purchasing any Land of Lakes Products.

James Kelleher
_____________________

Wow, Amy!
YOU GO GIRL!
I hope all of our listmates thank you for watching out for us as much as I do!
Thank you!
Cathy
______________________

Hi Amy,
Here's the thing. If there was one person at Land O Lakes that had to cook
dinner or go to dinner with a celiac or with celiac kids -- that would change
this CYA corporate behavior on the part of food producers/processors.

But it is ultimately stupid. Because GF groceries has been one of the few
growing sectors in the food industry. Look at a company that is known for
marketing -- like A. Busch. These dopes at Land O Lake are just behind the
curve.

It is an extremely sexist stance as well. It leaves celiac families no choices
except to cook (usually the female) everything at home from scratch. No one does
that and has a life. It is exhausting.

You have done the best thing for all celiacs -- gotten the word out. All we need
is one more diagnosed grandchild of an executive -- this holiday season. That
will do the trick. When celebrating with their family the big exec will say,
"Hey! Let's go out to eat!  And then exec will be limited (and educated) by the
few safe GF choices that have been carefully researched by a sleep-deprived mom.
That will be what changes things. Have faith. I've seen it happen.

Gosh, this could be made into a holiday movie: "Grampa's Celiac Holiday
Awakening."

Education is the key and you have done a great job. Things are getting better
but we have a long way to go.

chufford
____________________

I hope you had a good nap. :-)

Ron Hoggan

______________________

ORIGINAL SUMMARY:

Moral of the story: Don't mess with the mom of 2 celiac boys when she's sleep
deprived! I'm usually not so direct with these type of responses, but I just
hate that "here's how to reach Celiac organizations" response when we ask a
company if their product is gluten free.  It doesn't answer the question of
ingredients that could be either/or and it doesn't address cross contamination
issues.  Sarah does point out that Land O Lakes does a good job with some of
their products, but I felt that their answer on this one was lacking. I'm going
for my nap now. :)

THIS WAS MY ORIGINAL QUESTION TO LAND O LAKES:

> Is the Land O Lakes Ultimate Cheddar cheese dip in the 3 oz. serving cup
gluten
> free?  I can't find it on your website anywhere.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Amy Roberts

THIS WAS THEIR REPLY:

THIS WAS MY ANSWER TO THEIR RESPONSE