From:
Jami Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jami Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2011 23:02:10 -0700

Just ate out at a few places in the Douglas County area.

Dinner at Captain's Choice (Coos Bay Oregon)  ordered the GF pasta with GF
white sauce and veggie's.  GF garlic bread was great.  The pasta was rice
and I am not a big fan, but it had a nice flavor.  I paid $1.00 extra for
the GF garlic bread.  The menu had many GF options.

Breakfast at The Tom Tom (Roseburg)  server understood my concerns and
requested that my breakfast be cooked in a skillet.  She also had the cook
start from scratch on the the bacon and hash browns as these are usually pre
cooked and she could not guarantee no contamination. Everything came out
great and I tipped extra for her help.

Breakfast at Karen's Kitchen (Roseburg)  They are just starting to get GF
requests and paid extra attention to my meal being cooked in a skillet and
with clean utensils.

Breakfast at Willie's in Winston  They had no clue what I was asking.  Ate
with great hesitation.  Ordered my usual GF standby:  eggs, hash browns,
bacon/sausage.  Tasted good and I did not get sick.

Coffee in Myrtle Creek at Pony Express.  Everything they have drink wise
seems to be GF except the carmel and raspberry syrup.  They also have Almond
milk as a milk replacement.  They go out of their way to make sure
everything is clean for my morning coffee.

Jami Peters

*******
*******