Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2011 12:10:58 -0800
I currently have WiFi in ALL of my machines (desktop or laptop).  Using
FiOS (Fiber Optic service through Verizon), I max out at around 22-23mbs
(up and down).  Wired, I could get over 30mbs...the wireless is my
bottleneck.  But, running wires through the house to every possible
location that I may end up setting up my desktop machines is just not
feasible for me.

Tony

On 3/9/11 8:55 AM, Dean Kukral wrote:
> If you have laptops, desktops, printers, TIVO's, internet multimedia,
> and whatever spread through the house, and you are unable or unwilling
> to thread cables everywhere, then that is a reason to have a WIFI
> connection.  There is no law that says a desktop will in all cases be
> conveniently located, so the WIFI  capability built into the desktop
> may save you a slot.  It is probably pretty cheap to build it onto the
> motherboard and tout it as a "feature," even if it is generally not to
> useful.
>
> BTW, my internet connection is max 1.5mbs.  I doubt that very many
> home connections are capable of 54 much less 100, but I have no facts
> to back that up.
>
> Dean

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com