VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jan Santos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jan Santos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 19:50:51 -0700
How does one join the duxuser list?

Thanks.
Jan Santos
----- Original Message -----
From: "George Bell" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: [VICUG-L] Duxbury question

Hi DeAnna,

First, are you trying to install Duxbury Version 11.1, or an older
version?  For Office 2010, it really needs to be 11.1, and if not, you
won't be able to open Word files with a .docx  (doc x) extension.
They would have to be saved as Word 2003 (.doc) format.

SWIFT is an optional utility which adds a module in to Word for
Windows to enable you to run Duxbury from inside Word.  So yes, it is
useful to let DBT install it.  The other two questions asked are
whether or not to install the BANA Template, so if you use American
Braille rules, the answer there is usually yes.  (I can explain what
that does later)  Finally it will ask if you want to install French
Templates.  Not needed unless you are in France.

If you answer "No" to any of these, I suggest you also check the box
in the dialog about not showing this message again.

As a Duxbury dealer, I'm happy to help where I can, but perhaps it
might be worth joining the duxuser list where there are many skilled
users world-wide only too willing to help.  It's not a heavy traffic
list, so it won't fill up your mailbox.

Regards,

George W F Bell

(Managing Director)

Techno-Vision Systems Ltd

76 Bunting Road Ind. Est.

NORTHAMPTON

NN2 6EE, United Kingdom

Tel: (01604) 792777

Fax: (01604) 792726

e-mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Web: http://www.techno-vision.co.uk