BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2010 06:40:24 -0500
Some of you may remember so far back in time. An invitation to get
together and do nothing much in particular.

We want to host a monthly get together for people working in historic
preservation for a morning bagel & coffee (or donuts or whatever, even
green tea) pretty much for no better reason than to get together in
Manhattan.

More than a decade ago we did this on a monthly basis (as I was recently
reminded by one of our past gracious hosts) and a whole lot of good came
of our seeing each other for reasons that had nothing much to do with
the day-to-day pressures of business.

Unfortunately just plain getting together always seemed to need a
purpose and out of that sense of purpose a number of things occurred
(Preservation Trades Network, a revitalization of APTNE, and the IPTW at
Floyd Bennet Field in October 2001... right after 9/11) and in the
complications that developed we all stopped just getting together to say
hello and gossip and chatter and grouse.

We want to get together again with the express purpose of NOT doing
anything more than getting together.

Think of it as a pre-bid walk about only there is no project to not
get... just friends.

No organization, no charter, no pledges, no conferences, no mission. We
intend to do this near 2nd Ave. & 12th Street on Wednesday, January 12,
2011 or wherever manifests at that celestial time as most convenient and
hospitable. If you are interested in a visit and congregation then
please give a shout.

For those who can't make it to Manhattan we can provide advice on how to
have coffee and bagels in your neck of the wilderness!

][<