From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2011 05:36:11 -0500
Tom, their is always some resistance to change, but 7 really has lots of
advantages over XP.
More secure, ie9 which will not run on xp is much faster, and you can set
separate volumes for separate audio software.  This is particularly useful
when running a screen reader, since you can keep it louder than other audio.
Kathy Anne's windows 7 tutorial is very helpful.
She also has a seminar on how to use software with ribbon bars.  I'd get
that, if I had office 2007 or 2010.
Windows live mail is a pain, but it can be made to work.  I haven't tried
thunderbird.  Jaws users would be more helpful there.
The search function is also very much improved in windows 7.
Bend over, hold your ankles, here it comes.