From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2011 09:51:19 -0500
I think they are okay, but not very movable.  You can't easily put a better
one in the cabinet.  speakers are very personal choices.  If you already
have a power supply that meets your needs, why not put the money in to a
better speaker?  I have seen some with built in noise filters.
I bought a CC radio with the option to drive the amp and speaker with a
patch cord.  I use it as an output device for my stream, it works great!
Might work as an amp and speaker for a rig or HT as well, haven't tried.
As a radio, it's very disappointing.  Overloads like crazy at the top end of
the dial.

For the radios, I use an old JVC 501 with a five band equalizer, in to a
radio Shack two way speaker.  It also has another five band equalizer in the
circuit.  Very good for AM phone with lots of filtering options.
I have an input for each radio this way.

Remember, "we must have moderation in all things."