From:
Christoph Bungard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2011 20:51:03 +0100
Hi Darren and welcome to ham radio. This is Christoph, DF9WM from Munich,
Germany.

I still remember what it was like to wait for permission to officially go on
the air without getting myself in trouble. I actually made my first ham
radio contacts in your country (Philadelphia PA to be exact). Just ten days
before hopping on that airplane to the States, I had passed my German ham
radio exam. Soon after beeing granted my German license, I applied for a
reciprocal ticket. Back then, you practically had to wait for several weeks
before getting mail from the FCC.

Even before having my first QSO with my newly acquired Icom IC2AT HAT, I
would listen to code practices, swap net and general QSOs on various two
meter repeaters in the Philadelphia area.

Once I had obtained my reciprocal license, the real fun began. I soon made
friends who would pick me up to take me to ham fests and club meetings. As a
matter of fact, thanks to EchoLink, I can now talk to my friends back in
Philadelphia on a regular basis. Because of the good audio, I sometimes
think that I am right there in Phili using an HAT instead of my computer to
make a contact.

By the way, I also have a U.S. general ticket. My U.S. call is Kb3PRN. I
actually studied for and passed my technician and general exams respectively
at Handiham radio camp.

Hope you won't have to wait too long before your call is listet.

73 de Christoph, DF9WM