From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:45:34 -0700
for about the past 3 years, I've been watching IC706 MKII G's on ebay, and
they typically sell for $400 to $450 without any accessories or extras...and
between $400 and $550 depending on what they come with.
IE  after market microphones, filters, voice synth, mobile bracket etc.
But i've never seen one for more than $550 in the past 3 years on ebay.
I've seen them as low as $300 for buy it now on ebay as well...but that was
just a stock IC706 MK II G with no manual or extras.

That was a real covetted radio when it first came out in the original IC706
run.
Sometime in the 90's?  Every guy I knew wanted one of those but few actually
got one.

So I didn't even lay my hands on a 706 until about 6 years ago, and I've
still not had an opportunity to use one extensively.

73
Colin, V A6BKX