From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2011 10:43:29 -0330
Hi all:

I was just wondering: how do you ground a ham station thats setup in an apartment on a 2ND or higher floor?
Obviously, the Land Lord or the building owners wouldn't appreciate the Ham Tenant drilling holes in the wall to thread long leads of ground wire. Plus, you have to go short as possible to a good Earth ground. They might permit an antenna feedline, after all, communication lines have to enter the unit,
so they may permit you to pass your feed line through the same access point.  I'm thinking of in terms, should my Wife and I move into a house come fall and I'd like to, of course, set up my station but I wouldn't want to go ripping up the house! LOL
Would almost have to be professionally installed. LOL

73:

Michael DE VO1RYN