Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2010 20:00:47 -0500
7bit
Sender:
From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

I have an Elecraft K3 with which I am trhying to use K3 voice, a program
that gives access to various readings and parameters.  I'm trying to use it
with a compaq machine running on XP and running Jaws 11.  The K3 voice
program has a combo box for choosing which com port one uses to talk to the
rig but Jaws, perhaps because of the way the program is written, doesn't
display this box.  It does say com 1 which must be the default but the 2
devices won't comunicate there and i'm unable to change the setting.  When I
set the program up on my laptop, it took my sighted wife to make the change.
the compaq is set up under my ham desk and has neither monitor nor mouse
hooked up to it.  I can temporarily bring them in to make this change.  It
would be quite inconvenient but it's doable and I'll certainly do that if
it's the only way.  I was just wondering if there were any other way to make
that change.  I don't mind using the laptop but it would be even better to
have a dedicated machine for the K3.  Any thoughts welcome.  Thanks and 73.
Lou WA3MIX