From:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vicki Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2010 07:43:39 -0800

Dear Listmates -
I see more and more candies, regular and seasonal, that contain glucose (wheat), wheat syrup, or wheat flour. I also see fiber supplements that contain dextrin (wheat).

The only caramels that I could find (bags of caramels) for holiday recipes were Kraft, which contains corn syrup, not glucose. Some of my favorite candies, for sweet tooth time, now have flour, wheat syrup, or glucose (wheat).

So read labels very, very carefully. There are many candies I can no longer eat.

Vicki in Illinois

*******
*******