VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Rossi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Rossi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:10:35 -0400
I realize that drive space is incredibly cheap these days, but wanted to
confirm if the original question had been addressed.  I don't remember who
the original question came from, but they seemed to indicate that the
drive was filling even though they didn't seem to be downloading stuff.

If you aren't downloading lots of audio, or storing lots of images, 80GB
is plenty.

It would be a shame to run out and purchase a new hard drive only to have
it fill with garbage as well.

You may wish to wander around your drive with Windows explorer and check
the properties for each major directory structure and see how big it is.
Then you can narrow down where all the bytes are going.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi

Archived on the World Wide Web at