VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sun Sounds of Arizona <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sun Sounds of Arizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:25:43 -0700
Personally, I don't think SMA agreements ever make much sense. I have a much
older Juliet and have been out of warrantee with no SMA for years. In my
case, the embosser has needed Enabling attention just twice in the 20 years
of service this embosser has operated. In each case, the problem involved
problems with the solenoids and in each case the repair bill was about $700.
So, that $1,400 in twenty years way below the cost of any SMA.

I cannot speak to the reliability of recent models, but in general it has
been my experience that SMA's do not payoff for the user. They are a profit
center for the vendor.

Bill