VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

.dan.
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:16:57 +0000
I got the magicjack device and service.  It has been a total disaster.
After working ok for a short time it developed a problem.  The only
customer service available is by live text chat.  One gets "peggy" on the
other end trying to do multiple sessions at the same time.  They try to
follow a script and check off list and my exact problem was unknown to
them.  Their advice was even a possible danger.  At one point they wanted
me to reformat my hd, which would end the session of course too.

To make a frustrating 3 hour story short, they are no help at all.

I ran across the net talk device:

http://www.nettalk.com/

It plugs directly into your internet line.  A device goes into your
internet box and your phone into the device.  It does not rely on using
your computer and it being on at all times as does the magicjack.  One can
however use it directly into a usb port and it can be carried anywhere you
go for use with a computer.  It does not unlike the magicjack put software
on your hd.

Has anyone experience with it?  I'm seriously thinking of getting it but
hope to avoid another magicjack experience..

It does all that magicjack promises.  Best of all there is a live person at
the other end of the phone line and very fast response times.

It costs $10 more a year then magicjack and has a higher initial device
cost of $40.  Real customer support has its price.

                                XB
                                 IC|XC

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]