ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:56:54 -0700
Phil,

I perused religious fiction and have found some interesting books.  Have you
ever read ones by Karen Kingsberry? (not sure of spelling last name.)  Among
various novels/series, she wrote a book about a modern parable of Mary
Magdelene, about a woman, Mary Madison, who shares her painful life
experiences with a young mother who wants to harm herself, with the hope
that she too would come to Christ.  I think that's one of the best ways to
counsel, if you have a story that is similar to the client.

Now I'm reading a biblical novel based on Mary Magdelene, written by another
author.  It's called "Mary, Called Magdelene."  But there are other books
I'd like to read by Kingsberry.

What books do you have in mind, Phil?

Sharon