ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2014 19:32:54 -0600
7bit
From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Doris,

First of all, major congrats for opting to change your lifestyle and your
eating habits. It's always best to opt for a more natural method if you can.

Though I'm not listed diabetic, my last physical, a couple years back,
showed fasting blood test in the higher side of the range. I've been either
a little hypo- or hyperglycemic most of my life, not sure which as I'd not
been diagnosed. I just will get pale, very shaky feeling, and sometimes
break in a sweat which that isn't so good. My solution has been to eat
something like right now immediately. Usually a carb or even sweets, so that
would lend me to think low blood sugar, hypo glycemic, but there are times
I'd eaten much sugar and find later I'll get that way too. Usually however
that's after not eating much of anything good, and then consumes sugar, so
anything nutritional seems to help.

I say all that because the glycemic symptoms  has seemed to increase
recently, and I too recently decided to live more of a diabetic and
healthier lifestyle. Just recently, like in the last couple days. Great
minds think alike, huh? *snmile*.

I don't know your condition, and I'm not fishing for it here, but one huge
difference is losing weight. There are diabetic conditions caused strictly
by being   overweight.

I'm six-foot, and barely over 200-pounds and could stand to lose 25-pounds
or so, so not too bad overall, but I know losing it will help me  feel
better and reduce glycemic symptoms too.

Another important thing is to eat frequently, six times a day or more and
smaller amounts. This way your body learns to regulate its self-more, and it
doesn't have to deal with larger amounts of food. If you're like me, I'll
get cold in winter, and eating frequently keeps the stove stoked and warm
all the time *smile*.

Obviously, staying off sugar helps reduce weight as well.

Sugar can be pretty weird from my reading, different foods react differently
to different people, and also how active one is makes a difference too. For
instance, people who work out a lot can cause spikes in sugar in the blood,
as muscles demand the energy sugar gives it.

My plan is to eat more grains, brown rice, nuts, raw veggies, beans or
legumes, more fish, and cut down on meats, potatoes and starchy foods like
pastas and breads as they are turned to sugar when digested. I don't' eat
all that terrible now really, a few adjustments and also more frequent
eating, and stay off junk foods thinking I can get away with it is no more
*smile*.

Like I told my wife this morning, I can either start to eat healthier before
I have a heart attack, or after. *smile*.

When Phil gets back up on his fingers again *smile* he too might have some
ideas, as well anyone else on list who are tackling blood sugar issues or
might be diabetic and likely no more than I do on the topic.

The Bible has some awesome suggestions for diet too, imagine that, God even
thought of dietary suggestions to put in our owner's manual.

Really though, slap me five on choosing to take action in a proactive way
that isn't always the easiest, but the healthiest! You can do it girl!

Brad