From:
Renee Cronenwalt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2010 23:49:01 EDT

The Cheesecake Factory Restaurant now has a menu for people who have to
avoid any of the food allergens.  Today I had lunch at their Beverly Hills,
Ca. location and when I mentioned the word Gluten, the server presented me
with  their special menu.  They call it their allergen guide and it lists
every  item on their menu and which of the allergens it contains if ordered as
is.  It also tells if it can be adapted and if so, how to order it.   It
deals with cross contamination and encourages people with special situations
to discuss them with the manager.  They even gave me a menu to take  home.

For those of us who remember the days when restaurants didn't know anything
 about gluten and didn't want to bother being helpful, this is an amazing
happening.  If you have a nearby Cheesecake Factory, stop by and see the
beautiful menu.  A lot of work went into creating this.  It lists ALL  the
allergens that a dish might contain.  They deserve our support.   RC in L.A.