VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2011 07:57:37 -0400
This, Lisa, is sort of a catch-22 situation.  Peter's suggestion is a good
one; so is reformatting the drive or erasing it.
Problem, however, is that, if you remove the drive or erase it, you are
making the pc useless for the average user that would pick it up at a
charity thrift shop such as those of the Salvation Army or GoodWill.
There are charities that take old computers, clean them up, and get them
into the hands of those who might be able to use them.
Another possibility, prompted by Peeter's suggestion, is removing the
drive and giving the rest of the pc away on a freecycle list.

Or, if you have a trusted friend or family member who needs a 2nd or
back-up pc, you just might want to give it to them removing any obvious
files with sensitive information.

Also, realistically, dependent upon the age or specs of the pc, it may be
of little value to most folks out there.  So keep that in mind.

Hope others can add others thoughts to this thread.

I have a great need for Christ; I have a great Christ for my need.
 Charles Spurgeon

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]