From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2010 17:08:11 -0600
just buy a bunch of audio application binding posts, mount them on a piece
of wood and run a hot and ground bus along the strip...I wouldn't use
binding posts because it's so easy to short wires across the posts with them
being so close together and so on.
For a poor mans 13.8Vdc power strip, I use a couple pieces of copper tubing
about 10 inches long, a couple blocks of wood at each end to keep them
separated, and a bunch of hose clamps to connect wires to the pipe.
Basically you take a pair of heavy gage, 10 gage I used, wires from the
power supply, connect them via the hose clamps at one end of the pipes, then
connect all the radio wires along the pipes where needed.
of course, this leaves everything open and easily shorted if you lay a screw
driver across them or something...so the anderson power pole idea is far
safer and much easier, and cleaner.
more expensive though, granted.
73
Colin, V A6BKX