VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2014 21:00:17 -0700
Hi all,

sometimes when I'm arrowing around in Word, I suddenly find myself
somewhere unexpected. for example, I finished writing a paragraph, hit
enter twice, wrote a title, hit enter twice again, and started another
paragraph. Then I pressed ctrl+up-arrow once to move to the title, but I
wound up about a page and a half above it. The same thing happened when
I used the arrow keys. Pressing up-arrow by itself a couple of times
didn't move me to the title, but to roughly the same place as before,
about a page and a half up from where I had been.

This usually happens at page boundaries, but it sometimes happens in
other places. The only way to stop bouncing to somewhere I don't want to
go is to use ctrl+left-arrow to move from the paragraph to the title.

I'm using Windows 8.1, Word 2013, and Jaws 15, but I think, though can't
swear, it's happened in earlier versions of word. I don't think I've
noticed this with NVDA, but then again, I use NVDA less often than Jaws.
It doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, it happens a lot.

any ideas about what's causing this or how to avoid it.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]