VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 08:56:08 -0700
Lisa,

Powerpoint is accessible with Jaws and NVDA. Freedom Scientific had a
great tutorial on how to create, edit, and show a presentation, but I'm
not finding it any more.

Anyway, here's how you create a presentation with PowerPoint 2013. I've
done it in other version, and the process is very similar, but I don't
remember the differences.

you press ctrl+n to start a new presentation. Then you go into the
Insert menu to create a new slide, and you tab to the title and Object
fields to enter
text, pressing escape to exit one edit field before moving to the next.
When you're ready, you go back into the Insert menu to create another
slide, and so on.

When you go into Insert to create a new slide, you can choose the type
of slide you want. Title slides have two lines: one for the title and
another for the subtitle or tag. For most slides, you want the item that
says something like "title and object;" that let's you create a
bulletted list in the object field. For a bulleted list, just press
enter at the end of the line; the bullet is inserted automatically.

If you need to delete a slide or cut and paste to move a slide to a
different place in the slide show, use F6 to move to a list of the
slides (you just hear the titles), and hit delete or ctrl+c, etc from there.

to actually show your slides to an audience, press F5 to toggle into and
out of slideshow mode. Press space or backspace to move to the next or
previous slide. You can arrow around inside the slide when you're in
slideshow mode.

I think that's it.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at