VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:34:09 -0400
Lisa

I doubt that it's the motherboard.  While no one can tell for certain at a
distance, what seems to be going on here are all sorts of software-type
error msgs.
Perhaps a registry cleanup/fix is in order, perhaps a run of the system
file checker might help, and just a good old-fashioned housekeeping
cleanup of things.
Dependent on what kind of backups of files and downloads and programs you
have, perhaps just reinstalling xp might fix things completely.
What makes you raise the issue of the motherboard anyway?
oh yes, if you know of a recent time when things seemed to be

running as expected, check and see if a system restore point may be
available which could easily resolve things.

While motherboards can certainly be replaced, only by a skilled tech who
knows what they are doing both from a technical as well as a knowledge
respect as to what board will work for your system, if any of the other
things I mentioned is at play here,
it will not resolve things.

Yes, resolving pc problems can be difficult and, if done by someone
charging you can be expensive, as it can take a lot of time.

If there is a lesson to be learned from all this, make certain that
important stuff is backed up somewhere outside of the pc itself.

Even when a storm is raging around us and all things seem to be against us,
we shall find that we have much for which to be thankful.
 James H. Snowden, nineteenth-century Presbyterian pastor

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]