VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2010 13:54:54 -0500
Rachel,

I hope I'm able to do an adequate job to describe this. I think of the
header of an email you're sending in Thunderbird as a table. The left column
is a list where you can choose between To, CC, BCC, and so on. The right
hand column is the address itself. Yu can tab back and forth between the
list on the left and the entry field on the right. When in the entry field,
you can use the enter key to add a new row to this table or arrow up and
down between the different addresses you've already entered.

For example, if you're creating a new message, the default will be a "To"
address, and you can type something like [log in to unmask] in the entry
field. Now if you want to copy someone on the email as well, you can hit the
enter key, and type in a new address, something like
[log in to unmask] Now hit shift tab and arrow down until you hear
"CC". Now you can tab back over to the second email address, use the up
arrow key to go back to the first address or hit the enter key to add yet
another address. Of course, once you're done, you can tab into the subject
and then the body of your message.

Like I said, I hope this makes sense. It's obviously a bit different than
other email clients, and it takes a bit of getting used to, but I've found
it kind of nice.

--
Christopher