VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:01:12 -0500
For some time, I have been on the lookout for a simple straightforward utility that would store entries originally placed in the clipboard but removed by subsequent entries.

This morning's "kim Komando" suggested download of the day from

http://ditto-cp.sourceforge.net/

of a free program called Ditto seems, upon initial testing, to be just what the doctor ordered. As important, Ditto appears to be screen reader friendly once you understand how to get at its options.

Here is how the referenced web page describes the program:

Ditto is an extension to the standard windows clipboard. It saves each item placed
on the clipboard allowing you access to any of those items at a later time. Ditto
allows you to save any type of information that can be put on the clipboard, text,
images, html, custom formats, .....
Features
Easy to use interface
Search and paste previous copy entries
Keep multiple computer's clipboards in sync
Data is encrypted when sent over the network
Accessed from tray icon or global hot key
Select entry by double click, enter key or drag drop
Paste into any window that excepts standard copy/paste entries
Display thumbnail of copied images in list
Full Unicode support(display foreign characters)
UTF-8 support for language files(create language files in any language)
Uses sqlite database (.

---
The program can be set to automatically run upon bootup.  You get to the stored entries with the hotkey

ctrl+`

For those not familiar with the grave accent key, it is immediately to the left of number 1 on the top row.

I was initially stumped on how to customize the program's settings.  I discovered that, if I had the program in the system tray, I could hit "single right click" and select, from the subsequent context menu, options.  Things are very customizable including how many entries are stored, where they are stored, and for how long they are not erased..

that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
      in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
      to the glory of God the Father.
-- Philippians 2:10-11 (New Living Translation)

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]