From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 2011 03:13:16 -0600
hey tom:
I just ask the first station I contact...I just ask which zone I'm in and
they are always more than glad to tell me.
I slapped up a 20 meter ham stick on to the edge of my roof at about 12 feet
or so, today, that being saturday, and worked germany and italy the first
two trys.
Conditions are amazing.  I was talking to british columbia, a short hop, and
two minutes later, talking to brazil...20 meters is as open as I've ever
heard it in the 7 years I've been on amateur HF...certainly more open than
I've heard it in probably 10 years.
A big wave to all those people who said we were going to have the worst sun
spot cycle ever recorded...it's looking amazing so far.
Even on my 20 nmeter ham stick at 12 feet, I was hearing all kinds of south
american, and european stations on 10 meters as well.
I hope to get my carolina windom up in the middle of this week coming up,
and then I'll have an even better idea of how things are.

73
Colin, V A6BS