From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2011 01:59:38 -0500
Your memory is good Bill, got all the terms right.
Let me know when you get echolink up and running, I'll hook up a mike to
this computer.  Nobody knows it all, and if you did today, their would be
something new tomorrow.
Much of the VHf UHF activity is gone, because with the advent of the cell
phone, why use repeaters?
HF is much quieter, I think because of aging.  Their are fewer hams, and
more of them are inactive.
Their are even open spots during field day on the HF bands.
It's sad!
On echolink you can search by call, as well as node.
Their are guys here using didgital modes, which I am thinking about learning
about, but have never tried.
Windows isn't dos, but knowing dos helps the learning curve, since you
understand what windows is doing under the hood.