From:
Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 May 2011 14:29:54 -0500
well, I know it is truly mint, including the speaker and Md1
microphone with hand mic, original box, etc. manual, for $650 but I
wouldn't mind something a lot less ornamental. :) Bells ans whistles
are sure nice though, like what I use to have with the TS440S / AT
though I have had a lot of the earlier radios. Never did have any
Icom though, just Collins, Drake, Heath, Yaesu and Kenwood.
My R4A, Drake receiver sure was sweet though, remember thousands of
hours using it.
I truly love full QSK like with transmitter / receiver, I cannot
think of the name of the American company who made them at the
moment, though it's the best QSK I've heard. Use to do some QRQ QSOS
on 40 meter CW with it for a few months and Phil mentioned some of
the stations I worked including the guy who designed the T O keyer. A
I 6 U, Chris in Sacramento, is another of the blind hams who was QRQ,
and we sort of grew up together in some ways, I didn't make 80 WPM
but similar to Phil, about 65 or so. It's funny, you don't really
lose it, since I know though I've been off the air for almost 20
years or so, I could still copy over 50 or at least 45. :)

--
Currently in Fessenden, North Dakota Mostly Cloudy, 53°F Wind:NNE-030° at 9mph
1948 A novel for dyslexics by George Orwel.

Curtis Delzer
W B 6 H E F