From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2011 09:07:14 -0500
Butch,

I've also followed the thread Steve referred to on the TS-2000 list.
The couple of guys who have had problems seem to blame it on a recent
firmware update  for the tuner, but I'm not sure that it is a proven
fact, or that it is an across the board problem.   I have both a 2000
and 998 and they have worked well together for several years.   My
firmware is older than the Oct. 2010 release that may be problematic.
The firmware update in question is supposed to improve tuning with solid
state amps.

This thing should work well with your windom, touching up those bands
where swr is  a bit high, but not out of sight.

The 998 does not get it's DC power from the radio like some smaller
tuners do.    It needs something like 1 amp, and the tuner jack on the
radio does not provide that much current, so you will need to provide 12
VDC from another source.

73, Steve KW3A