From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 15:29:42 -0330
Hi All:

Great to throw something foolish out there from time to time hey?
No I'm not a doom and gloom run for the seller/coast to coast victim but I am in the middle of a series by S.M. Stirling called the Sunrise Lands and that's basically what it is centred around.
A vary hi disturbance knocks out power and renders technology useless on March 17, 1998 and essentially society has to cope and adapt. Back to using bowes and arrows for hunting, slow burning fuels for lights and so on.
No gasoline or gunpowders because they burn to fast. This electrical storm phenomenon prevents the explosion of these chemicals! LOL We don't know if this storm was man made or anything yet because he's still writing more books and there are 2 left to come.
I do forget why there isn't any electricity but this is rendered useless as well. LOL

73:

Michael De VO1RYN