From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2011 10:27:09 -0500
    Butch:

The antenna does have a matching unit at the feed-point.

One thing I did discover is that height is very very important.  Mine is up
about 37 feet at the center, which isn't quite high enough to work on 160
without the help of a tuner.  Also, at the direction of Jim from Radioworks,
I connected an extra 100 feet of RG8X at the transmitter, to serve as a
160-meter tuning stub.

My ultimate goal is to get the antenna up higher when the weather breaks,
which hopefully will eliminate the need for the extra tuning stub.

My immediate problem, though, is figuring out what went wrong with it last
week-end, because now it is unusable.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ