From:
Kevin Minor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2011 19:45:07 -0500
Hi.

Our club had a demonstration of DSTAR last night, and it looked interesting.
I know that the radios that are out now don't give audible feedback for
DSTAR information, so I was wondering if there was an option for the
computer.  I called Ham Radio Outlet, and they mentioned something called a
DV Dongle that connects to a USB port on your PC.  I heard rumors that the
new update to this setup wasn't real speech friendly, so rather than do what
I did with the Travel Plus Repeater CD-ROM and buy it in the hopes it would
be useful, I thought I'd ask you good folks out there for help.  I currently
have EchoLink on the system hooked to my TM-V71A, so I have some experience
with VOIP.  I'd like to play with DSTAR to see what it's all about.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

73

Kevin Minor, Lexington, KY