From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2010 06:22:11 -0600
Wow, I hadn't thought about shielded 300 ohm line in years.

I don't know if you can even find it now.

Same goes for the old 75 ohm twin lead.

Regarding the Drake twins, that was also one of my dream rigs. I
almost bought a set of them 30 or so years ago, but went with a
Kenwood TS830 instead.

I once operated a set of the B models for about an hour at a friend's
shack. He was not blind, so I can't tell you anything about tuning the
transmitter.

Sitting in front of that station was great fun.

As for dream rigs, my dad once said that my dream rig was whatever rig
I happened to be listening too at a given moment.

I think he had my number.

Mike Duke, K5XU